- The Main Library only is open Mondays-Saturdays, 10 am-6 pm.
- The library is now in Service Level 2. Visits look different than they did during pre-COVID-19 times. Learn more about what you can do inside the Main Library during Service Level 2 »
- The library expects to return to regular building hours in Service Level 4. Read more about our plan to reintroduce services and reopen buildings »
Main Library (open Service Level 2)
–Saturday: 10 am–6 pm
Maze Branch (open Service Level 3)
Returning your library items
- Learn more about Contact-Free Returns »
- Outside book drops now open:
- Outside the Main Library in the Scoville Park Plaza
- In Village of Oak Park Parking Lot 55, accessible from North Boulevard (between Kenilworth and Oak Park avenues). See on Google Maps »
- At Maze Branch in front of the building on Gunderson Avenue
- At Dole Branch just north of the building on Augusta Street.
- Please note: You will be responsible for items left outside book drops. If drops are full, please do not leave items next to or on top of the drop. Thank you!
- Main Library: The underground parking garage is open, and the gates will be up to avoid any complications entering or exiting.
- Dole and Maze Branches: Street parking available.
When library buildings are closed
- Your digital library is always open, accessible from anywhere »
- When we are closed due to extreme weather, these area warming centers may be open »
- Unexpected, emergency closings are posted on oppl.org, and on the Emergency Closing Center website. Information also is shared with area organizations and on the library’s Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Our 2020 Library Calendar was approved by the Board of Library Trustees on November 26, 2019. Two Fridays each year, Main Library and Dole Branch open to the public at 2 pm. Maze Branch is closed all Fridays. In 2020, those two dates are June 12 and December 4. Read more about Staff Engagement Days »
- Have a question? Contact us now »