Every Oak Park resident, student, educator & business owner can get an Oak Park Public Library card for the widest access to library services.
Get instant digital-only access: Apply online now
- Oak Park residents ages 13 years and older can get instant access with a new digital-only account »
- Digital-only account holders can convert to a full access card by visiting the Main Library (see below).
- Browse this quick list of cardholder benefits to see what full access means »
Get full access: Visit the Main Library
- Come to the Main Library during open hours, Mondays-Saturdays, 10 am-6 pm (with a special visiting hour for high-risk patrons only: 10-11 am).
- Bring proof of your Oak Park residence/employment and your photo ID.
- Once you arrive, use either your cell phone or the lobby service desk phone provided to finalize the process and get your new card.
Oak Park residents
Age 18 years or older: Bring in a current photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, passport) and proof of Oak Park residency (utility bill or recently postmarked mail). These cards never expire.
Younger than age 18: Babies, toddlers and kids can get a card when a parent or guardian brings a current photo ID and proof of Oak Park residency. That parent or guardian signs the child’s application. These cards never expire.
Oak Park educators
All Oak Park teachers, teaching assistants, and school staff can bring in a current photo ID and an Oak Park school employment ID. These cards have a one-year expiration from issue date but may be renewed. Call 708.383.8200 to renew.
Oak Park business owners, nonprofits & employees
Owners can apply in person with a lease or a tax bill and a current photo ID. Employees can provide current proof of employment and contact information for the business or nonprofit owner (who will be responsible for any fees or lost materials). These cards have a one-year expiration from issue date but may be renewed. Call 708.383.8200 to renew.
Not an Oak Park resident?
Contact us now to learn more specific to your situation. For example:
- You may already have borrowing privileges through your home library. We are a member of the SWAN consortium, which means you can borrow items in Oak Park! View a list of SWAN libraries »
- Temporary address? We will work with you to ensure access to library services and resources.
- You also may choose to purchase an Oak Park card for an annual fee of $435.90.